Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thanks.

To everyone who called and emailed me with support and notes of sympathy, I thank you. To the friends and family members who truly understand what my dog meant to me and brought to my life, I am profoundly grateful. To our wonderful compassionate vet, Dr. Yvonne Wikander, and her staff, I owe a great deal of thanks.

Mostly, to my wonderful companion of 12 years, Morrison - thank you for your patience with me, as the dense human that I am, and thank you for the gifts and the lessons I learned from you. I will miss you every day for the rest of my life. A part of me is missing.

Next on my list of things to deal with are bringing Morrison's ashes home, taking him to the beach to be with Roxanne, and donating his remaining food, treats, leashes and toys to the local animal shelter. As Morrison taught me - there is no need to rush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home