Sunday, April 08, 2007

And then there was one.


I can't forget that I'm not the only one grieving the loss of Roxanne. My boy Morrison (aka "Bubba") may not seem sad, because Roxanne was the alpha dog and pretty much ran his life for the past 11 years. He's kind of lost right now and follows me everywhere. He is the most patient, loving, sweet and obedient... well, okay, not obedient, dog ever. He's spoiled. He used to fly to catch his frisbee, but now he's content to go on walks and lay by the side of my bed. Occasionally he tosses me his tennis ball but isn't quite sure what happens next. He's obsessed with his Kong and wants it to be constantly filled with treats. He is very vocal and lets me know when he wants something by making that "uhhnnnnngg" sound, which can be anything from "let me out, I have to go potty" to "get off your lazy ass and take me for a walk, human". He's really a joy and I'm glad to have him. He's great about licking my face when I cry and giving me sympathetic looks. It's great to just give him a big hug. We are taking good care of each other.

Here's how you can help. The Bonnie Hays Small Animal Shelter is where Roxanne was before I adopted her. You can donate here.

Also, the Oregon Humane Society accepts online tribute donations here. They are an amazing organization. Thanks to Kris and her family for their donation in Roxanne's memory. Thank you to everyone who has expressed their sympathy & understanding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home