Random rant
I have just now, this minute, officially decided that my blog is lame. I mean, what is there that is so profound that I must post it here for anyone to read? I could pose the question to my 0.2 readers about how I could possibly re-vamp this space in the online world or what I can re-name it in order to make it more interesting. But what would that accomplish? I admit that lately I'm kind of addicted to reading about things that inspire me. Like other people's blogs. Yeah, and some bike porn. If you're not familiar, I define it as anything about bikes that I can't afford and don't ever see myself being able to afford. But I placate myself by reading Cycling news, watching the spring classics (yesterday I watched Milan-San Remo) and keeping up on what's going on in pro cycling as well as the Portland cycling community. I pretend that I'm a part of it, though I only ride on weekends lately.
But I digress. A minute ago I took a break to go fill up my water bottle and thought, I should post more. I should write about interesting things. Other people do, and I read their posts. But - and here's the difference between their lives and mine - they do interesting things. Ah. Well, I could do that too. And another one - they write really, really well. I could do that, but it would take effort, and time.
Why am I posting? Well, I guess because I'm bored. And trying to stay away from the leftover chocolate Easter candy someone brought that I can hear calling me from the conference room. I need a new goal. I wonder - does anyone care? It doesn't matter. I will figure out whatever it is that I need to do in order to become inspired.
In the meantime, thank god for bike porn.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home