Friday, February 20, 2009

There is color in the world again.

Driving to work on this warm, sunny morning, I noticed signs of Spring. Walking into the office I happened to see some pansies and shoots of bulbs pushing up through the soil. It occurred to me at that moment that most of the sad things that have happened to me in my life have been in the winter, so I always associate Spring with new things, growth, and hope. I love winter, don't get me wrong, but it's always nice to take notice of the first signs of the seasons changing.

I have never been able to choose my favorite season. I love Spring for the warmth, the flowers, and even the smell of rain. I love fall for the crunch of leaves, the beautiful colors, and the crisp air. I love winter too, because the snow is so beautiful and I love to be outside in it as much as possible. And summer just has so many things about it to love, the days are long and there is so much to do.

These are just my random thoughts & observations as I'm torn - wanting to stay in town & enjoy the beautiful weather, but heading east for some skiing and cold weather riding. It's always nice to get out of town for a few days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home