A first.
Lastnight I got home with the intention of going for a quick one-hour ride, but couldn't gather the energy to change & do all the necessary preparations. Sometimes I can do it in 15 minutes but I was lethargic. So I decided to go for a walk instead, something I've been meaning to do in the cooler mornings but haven't had the energy for. I thought about asking the neighbors if I could borrow their dog, but thought I'd just brave it solo. This was the first time I've walked by myself, i.e. without another human or canine for company, since Morrison died in January. It wasn't so bad. Still about 90 degrees, I made the mistake of not pulling my hair back in a ponytail and wearing a cotton t-shirt. But I found the longer I stayed walking, and the faster I went, the more comfortable I became. I need to do this more often. I think it was good to get out there, so it was kind of a milestone for me. Yes, I miss having a dog but am not ready for another one, especially since Levi is an indoor cat now so I couldn't have a dog using the doggie door to get in & out of the house & garage. I did stop and pet a cute puppy, I think it was a border collie, and her owner was telling me there are other pups at the breeder, but I really prefer shelter mutts. So if I'm meant to have another dog, the opportunity will present itself and the dog will find me, just like my cat did. I'm so glad Levi found me, he is the best cat EVER.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home