Monday, December 14, 2009

Complain-a-thon

Nobody reads this, so what difference does it make? I need a place to rant.

Complaint #1
I am sitting in my office trying to figure out what is wrong with a graph I do for a monthly report since the recipient claims the numbers are transposed. They are not. Am I seeing things? I just had a lengthy discussion with my boss about why my eyes hurt, and yes, I went to the eye doctor for an exam this morning. I wear contacts for distance, and reading glasses to see the computer and anything in small type. It's a real pain and the reading glasses hurt my eyes. I hate taking them off and putting them back on all day. I'm tired of the headaches I get when I don't wear contacts so I can read everything just fine, but have to wear glasses for distance so I can drive and read street signs.

Complaint #2
I am the most inconsistent person on this earth. Here I sit using work as an excuse yet again in order to avoid working out. I even committed this time - bought 10 classes - signed up, and I don't want to go. I have gone to exactly 2 classes, enjoyed them, was challenged by them, even had fun. Sure, I felt like a complete out of shape fool, but at least I showed up. Tonight? I am sitting in my office crying like a fool. Why is it that what I need the most to make me feel better is something I am avoiding? I hate when that happens this time of year. I won't be able to ride this weekend either due to a company holiday outing on Saturday. Maybe Sunday? I AM going to class on Wed. Of course I could still make it tonight. But - I hate being late, more than anything. To get changed, drive up MLK, find parking, drag my bike, shoes, rollers, etc. into the building and get set up ... I don't think I'd make it. I'm stalling. UGH I hate this. Indecision. Guilt. F-it, I'm going. I need this. no more excuses.

Complain-a-thon will resume at a later time.

2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

the trick is just not thinking about it until you're already there. just go thru the motions of getting your crap together and driving there. Don't make it an option.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Linda J. said...

Yep. I forced myself to go. Felt like a total uncoordinated out of shape overweight dork, but at least I went.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home