Thursday, September 02, 2004

Just trying to make a difference.

Most of you who know me realize how impressed I am by great athletes who overcome great obstacles to achieve their goals. One of those athletes is Lance Armstrong. After reading both his books and watching him win the Tour de France these past 6 years, I've decided to do something, because just wearing the "livestrong" wristband didn't seem like enough.

The Lance Armstrong Foundation's Tour of Hope (http://www.tourofhope.org/toh/index.htm) has a DC ride in Washington, DC that I'd like to participate in. In order to do so, I need to raise $500 to donate to Lance's cancer foundation.

If you are able to help, please donate here : https://secure.laf.org/Donations/TOH_Donate_amount.cfm?sid=200196017

Thanks for your support!

1 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger Karen said...

That's my sister! Always there to help a cause or make a donation or help the less fortunate. I agree that just wearing the yellow Livestrong wristband isn't enough, and I am making a contribution to your effort! I know you can do it and I think this will be an opportunity of a lifetime to actually ride in the Tour of Hope in DC! I am so proud of you for ALL that you do and for ALL that you are. You really are a giving, warm and wonderful person! Good luck in this endeavor and thoroughly enjoy yourself!
Love,
Your sister

 

Post a Comment

<< Home