Thursday, July 03, 2008

4th of July

Why is it that we celebrate our nation's independence with picnics, alcoholic beverages and explosives? I'll never quite understand that combination, or why those particular activities somehow symbolize this holiday. Anyway, my dog is on xanax. I called the vet and asked if there was something that would relieve his anxiety and she had just the thing. It actually is prescribed for "noise anxiety". Well, I've only given him one pill so far, and he is happily at work extracting biscuits from his Kong. All the windows are open and there is noise from all directions. Not constant noise, but the kind that would normally send him pacing and panting, like he did lastnight during the thunderstorm. I got very little sleep. So, on that note, I'm heading for bed. Have a safe 4th of July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home