Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summer is winding down!

I'm kind of in denial but can't ignore the fact that it's getting cooler in the mornings and the sun is going down earlier in the evenings. I am determined to get as much riding in as I possibly can, even though I plan to ride through the winter anyway.

It seems like so long ago I went to Astoria for the Cycle Oregon weekend. Suffice it to say that I was a bit disappointed in the overall experience. I should have made more of an effort to be social but didn't see anyone I knew, so it was kind of isolating for me to be camping & cycling with 1,499 people. The ride was okay, but the wind kept me awake Saturday night and I got little to no sleep. So I packed up early, went home to nap, then rode in the sunshine on familiar roads in the afternoon. I'd still give Cycle Oregon a try, maybe next year. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home