Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Another milestone!

Hiked the South Sister on Saturday. Last time I did that was (I think) in 1999. I'm not sure whether it was more difficult, but weather was certainly a factor. As we got above the treeline, the wind was really whipping around. I'm so glad I had those Salomon windpants on as they are fleece-lined and form-fitting so they were perfect. I had enough layers on but my hands were numb when we got to the summit. I hadn't brought the right gloves, which really bothered me because I have about 10 pairs. How could I be so unprepared? Anyway the descent was fine, I definitely took my time and 3 days later my left quadricep is still feeling it. I think I favored the left leg as my right knee was a bit sore but it's fine now. I love my black diamond trekking poles, they are awesome.



I'll post about the mountain biking adventure on my other blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home