back in town...
I guess I keep forgetting to post something here. Yeah the Jack Johnson concert was great (despite the drunk kid puking into the garbage can near we sat, ugh). The weekend was good and I enjoyed the drive. My dogs were happy to see me when I got home. That next week I found out I'll be laid off at the end of October. Great.
Went to Virginia to visit relatives and had a good time. My uncle and I walked all around downtown D.C. one day and saw the original documents of the Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights and the Constitution, which was a pretty patriotic thing to do in an election year, I thought.
Had a great visit with Neet and a yummy lunch. I still can't believe we hung around in a mall and didn't really buy anything. Joined Terry for dinner and it was fun to catch up and talk about skating. I think since 2002 we've all pretty much realized that although we've met some great people because of the sport, it's really a pretty small part of our lives. And of all the sports out there, it's not exactly in the forefront of the public consciousness.
The Tour of Hope bike ride was fun and I really enjoyed myself. Did the 28 mile ride from Georgetown Prep in Bethesda to the Ellipse on an absolutely perfect day and stayed until the 20-person team arrived from their 8-day ride from Los Angeles to D.C. to bring awareness and raise money for cancer research and Bristol Meyer Squibb clinical trials. I'm really glad I set the fundraising goal and with the help of some great friends, family, and even people I don't know (thanks to my sister), I was able to participate in the ride. So thank you - you know who you are!

1 Comments:
I'm glad you're back and I'm glad you had a great time. Don't worry too much about the end of the month. You've survived before you'll survive this time. Sounds like the ride was a lot of fun and a great success. Great job and maybe next time I'll be able to help out.
Post a Comment
<< Home