Just a little peace and quiet, please....
My new favorite bumper sticker says "shut up". That's all. Just a simple statement. But really, as I think about it, more people really need to do this. There is too much idle chatter going on in the world, and not much really being accomplished by it. I go to the grocery store, library, coffee shop, anywhere, and have to tolerate people wandering around idly chatting on their cell phones, louder than is necessary, as if the reception is lousy, requiring them to shout. I drive to and from work and hope that I don't get stuck at a traffic light next to one of those cars with the stereos that vibrate a city block. I mean, is this really necessary? I listen to music in my car too, sometimes loud, but I don't feel the need to share it with the entire neighborhood. Can't people just go back to being polite and considerate when it comes to noise? I thought of a great invention yesterday. Recently some guy invented a remote for televisions that you can put on your key chain and use it in bars, restaurants, or wherever you want. I would like to suggest that someone make one of these things to turn off those annoying loud car stereos. There must be something unique about them that would respond to a blast from a remote - the bass, or the type of subwoofer equipment or whatever it's called. Anyway during the hot weather I get especially cranky since usually when I'm trying to sleep with all my windows open to let in the cool night air, some misfit kids are wandering around on the street or in the park across the street. Skateboards are especially noisy at 11pm or midnight. I sometimes get the urge to shout "SHUT UP!!" but fear they'll egg my house. So, I turn on the fan.
It's going to be another beautiful warm day, and I intend to enjoy it - quietly.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home