Monday, May 16, 2005

Rain? In Portland? Nahhh......

okay so do you want to know how MY day was? Well, even if you don't - I will tell you. Even our Admin got a laugh over the list of things that went wrong today that I actually sat and wrote down during the workshop I finally made it to. I was supposed to be there between 9-9:30. I left my house at 7:45am. I don't know why I numbered these, I just did. 1. It was partly cloudy when I left my house - wearing a lavender sweater tank, silk jacket and black pants. New 9 west sandals (comfy for walking). Left the umbrella in the car at the Max station. The weather forecast was "scattered showers" which I thought would not be a problem. 2. It was POURING rain when I got off the Max. I had to cross the street to wait for the streetcar. There was no covered shelter to wait under. Needless to say, I was soaked. 3. Got off at the stop I had noted on my map, waited under a covered shelter for the rain to stop. It didn't. Talked to a girl who also didn't have an umbrella & thought it wouldn't be raining as much as it was. She pointed me in the right direction. I walked through (literally) two very large puddles near the curb that were impossible to jump over. Lovely. 4. Got to the building & went in a door that only had an elevator. Got in & pressed "up" and finally it opened onto a floor with a parking garage. Pressed "up" again - it went back down. WTF. Did this for a few minutes. Finally ended up on the 3rd floor where I found a restroom & dried off with paper towels. I looked like a drowned rat. Good thing I had blow dried and curled my hair. Pffffft. Thank god for waterproof mascara. 5. Decided to use the stairs instead of the elevator. But once inside the stairwell, I couldn't find a door that was unlocked. Started to panic, thinking I would spend the day stuck inside a stairwell. I literally almost started hyperventilating. 6. Finally my boss called and told me I'm in the wrong building- it was about 5 blocks south. Nice. I WENT TO THE ONE THAT WAS IN THE EMAIL I WAS SENT. (When I got to the meeting I told the guy who sent it what I thought of his email). Boss acts like this is no big deal. 7. Got to the right building, finally asked someone where the meeting was (there were no signs in the lobby). I was directed to the "Columbia Falls" meeting rooms. Went upstairs and saw all kinds of waterfall-named rooms, none named Columbia. Went in the right one anyway (whew). 8. This guy asked me to take notes. What do I look like, a god damn secretary? He was the same idiot that sent out the email with the information on the wrong building. He also sat next to me and chewed on ice, fiddled with his pen, paced around & futzed with his chair all day and I wanted to hit him. 9. Had to walk all the way back to the Max station (about 10 blocks) since a co-worker forgot he offered me a ride & left before the meeting was over. 10. Got on the train and smelled french fries. A fat bald guy with a goatee was shoving french fries into his mouth from a huge bag. I found another seat so I didn't have to watch. 11. Had to walk about 8 blocks from the Max station at the convention center to my office, fortunately the downpour did not commence until I was in the building. 12. Boss called just about when I was getting ready to leave because I wasn't in the mood to be there. Gave me something to do. Shit. I think I did it right. As usual I scribbled notes while on the phone, thought I had it figured out, then when I got off the phone I was like "huh?" 13. Got a ride to the convention center from a co-worker. I had him drop me off at starbuck's. Got coffee and then walked to the station, across a parking lot, while of COURSE it was pouring. 14. Missed the god damn train while trying to put EXACT GOD DAMN change into the fucking ticket machine. 15. Had to change trains at Beaverton central and of course the next westbound train was packed so I had to stand. I hate that. 16. Nobody stole my car. Dammit. I couldn't remember if I had locked it or not. Oh well, I guess I did. good things I thought of today: 1. my pants fit 2. I like my new sweater 3. I did my nails so they are shiny 4. my toenails are light lavender 5. lunch was free 6. silk dries fast when it's wet 7. I have a pretty necklace on 8. it was the first time I got to ride the portland streetcar 9. I didn't have to spend any $ on parking, (but about $5 in Max fares)

2 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger April said...

Oh Boy have I had many a day like this one...although if I ever made a list, I think I'd cry.

And I think y'all up in Portland are pushing the rain down to us in Northern California - take it back! lol!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

LMAO - *wipes tears away*

I know it isn't funny but . . . well . . . yeah it is. It's one of those situations where all you can do is laugh because if you don't you'll have a nervous breakdown.

Seriously, I feel for you. I've been having way too many days like this where I lock myself into a bathroom stall and have a good cry. I don't make lists though. I think if I did I would have a break down.

Hope the rest of your week is going okay. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home