Monday, December 20, 2004

Wake me when it's over...

I'm so done with the holidays already. I'll admit that I do get a bit excited when the UPS truck stops in front of my house, and I got 3 packages on Saturday! I was out washing my car - yes, it was that warm here - and the mailman stopped twice to bring me packages. One was from Amazon so I had to open it to see who it was from - it was this AWESOME book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1579548911/ref=
wl_it_dp/104-3947100-9876736?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=I2U7IDSQG2FOW0&v=
glance&colid=3HK3NYBTXJDS0
my nephew sent me this! He's so sweet. I can't wait to read this book, and it has some incredible pictures in it.

Okay, so maybe the holidays aren't so bad, considering that people give me gifts. But I'm really more into giving, and unfortunately this isn't a year where I can afford to give as much as I'd like to. But, there will be other years, and I'll get through this one. My biggest complaint about the holidays is the over-commercialization. Yeah, I watch too much TV - and I am sick to death of the commercials insinuating that if you don't give your loved one(s) a Lexus, a Honda, or an enormous diamond ring, you are a total jerk. Please. I mean, maybe that's what some people actually give and/or receive for Christmas, but I don't need to see that.

One of these days I'll really figure out how to post pictures on my blog - it's not like I don't have time. In the meantime, Happy Holidays, everyone.

1 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Lupes said...

Hey Linda!!
I did NOT know you had a blog ,,, I found it!!! Tee hee heeee ,,,, I'm with ya on the 'spending' delio with the holidays ,,, this year all my love ones are getting all the LOVE one can give ,,, cuz ya know something's wrong when your goddaughter comes up to you and instead of a huge and/or kiss ,,, she ask for money??? WT??? j/k ,,, hope you have a great holiday ,,, and see ya soon ,,, man it's been quite a bit long since the last time girl!! Take care and Merry Xmas!! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home