Monday, July 18, 2005

Almost ready to fly. (the birds, not the dogs... duh)


Here are my dogs, hanging out in the back yard yesterday.



This might be kind of boring to some people, but it's been kind of cool for me to watch. A few weeks ago I noticed this nest with tiny eggs in it, tucked amoung the geraniums and lobelia in one of the baskets on my porch.


I have been so worried about scaring the momma bird away that I don't even water the flowers any more. I can climb up onto a chair and peek into the nest. Today the baby birds looked at me like "oh no, there is that big HEAD THING again", but they didn't seem afraid, just like they knew somehow that I wouldn't hurt them. They are good about posing for pictures. Pretty soon the nest will be empty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home