Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I could use a little more cowbell.


One of the funniest SNL skits of all time is the one with Christopher Walken and features Jimmy Fallon, Will Farrell, Chris Kattan, and Horatio Sans as Blue Oyster Cult in the recording studio. People who know me realize that I never miss SNL, even the reruns. This skit has been summarized on this t-shirt I found on ebay. Just thought I would share that in case anyone besides me could use a little humor today.

Why is it that once you pay off your car, it immediately falls apart? I'm picturing kind of a cartoon image, where I drive my car away from the post office after mailing the very last payment, and the car literally begins to disintegrate. I really want a new(er) car, but I just can't make that commitment right now. So I'm forced to pay my mechanic to keep it running, in lieu of a car payment. So much for using that money each month to either a) spend on fun things or b) pay towards other bills. Bleh. Anyway that's why I could use a little more cowbell today. Really explore the studio with it, ya know?

3 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Yeah I think you really could use a little more cow bell. Seriously!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Anita&Ty said...

I love that saying! Awesome.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

I think you need to buy the cowbell t-shirt - car be damned! Like I should talk, I just sank $500 into my car but it's still cheaper than having a $500 a month car payment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home