Thursday, August 11, 2005

I'm in training.

It's that time again...gearing up for a big bike ride. Why do I do it? Most importantly, to raise money and awareness for the LAF. But also, I really could use the exercise. Plus, it's beautiful this time of year, so why not spend more time on my bike?

Here is the official info:

Join me in supporting the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF) to help people with cancer live strong!

Along with other cyclists, cancer survivors and their loved ones, I am raising funds and awareness for the LAF and Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) Cancer Institute to help people with cancer live strong. Together, we will celebrate our efforts at the LIVESTRONG Ride Portland on September 25, 2005.

Funds raised through the LIVESTRONG Ride will support the LAF's advocacy, education, public health and research programs. In addition, a portion of the funds raised through the LIVESTRONG Ride will support cancer survivorship activities at the OHSU Cancer Institute.

Founded in 1997 by cancer survivor and 7-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong, the LAF believes that in the battle with cancer, unity is strength, knowledge is power and attitude is everything. From the moment of diagnosis, the LAF provides the practical information and tools people with cancer need to live strong.

Every dollar makes a difference in helping countless cancer survivors around the world. If you are unable to donate, but would like to pass this along, that's fine too. Thank you for your support. I appreciate both the moral support as well as the financial.

Donations can be made towards my fundraising efforts by clcking
here.
Thank you!

Live strong!

1 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

I just gave a donation under your name! Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home