Gratitude.
It's after Thanksgiving, but I find it necessary to write about what I'm grateful for. It's really hard to list things by priority. So these things are not necessarily in order, but here goes, right off the top of my head:
my family, (such as it is) - I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my parents
my friends - I have many, and I am truly grateful for each one
my job, for it provides me with income to donate, and spend on food, bills, and travel
the love of my pets, because they know how to love unconditionally
the technology that allows people to connect, like this here internets, google, facebook, email, cell phones, etc.
the beauty of a dry fall day, running into friends on a solo bike ride, and seeing a beautiful sunset
my health
my desire to learn, contribute, and create
the fact that even through the times I was unemployed, I managed to keep my house
my appreciation for beauty in all things - nature, music, art, literature
There are so many other things, I will have to think of more! But for now, if you are reading this, then you are a friend of mine, and I am truly grateful to know you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home